The complementary skills of our principals, in both raising capital and working with companies in transition, provides our firm with a unique competitive advantage in providing capital advisory services to our middle market clients.
The team’s global relationship network, transaction expertise and past capital-raising experience allows us to structure, execute and close customized financing solutions that maximize the transactional value and return on investment for our clients.
Our capital-raising philosophy is to create a true alignment of interests between our clients and strategic capital partners.
HMP’s Comparative Advantages:
Our deep global relationship network, composed of senior industry leaders of potential financial and strategic partners, create “Centers of Influence” that:
- Allows for direct access
- Provides real-time insights into alternative structures
- Creates the ability to quickly determine if a transaction is viable
- When combined with our prior lending experience and investment approach,provides a common ground between investors and our clients
- Principals have been involved in over $2 billion of global transactions including senior debt and junior capital investments
- Transaction structuring experience includes Chapter 11 bankruptcy sales through Section 363 auctions and DIP financing
- Senior Debt: Asset Based and Cash Flow
- Junior Capital: 2nd Lien, Tranche B and Mezzanine
- Equity: Minority and/or Control
HMP’s Efficient and Effective Advisory Process:
Evaluation and/or assessment of a client’s business plan which includes financial modeling
- Develop short and long-term capital-raising strategies
- Test initial capital-raising strategy with key opinion leaders
- If needed, refine strategy and deal structure while creating a target list of potential capital partners
- Create memorandum and populate electronic data room with key due diligence materials
- Develop contact target list
- Coordinate initial meeting and diligence process
- Lead term sheet negotiations
- Finalize commitment letter, documentation and funding