Stefan has diverse experience encompassing private equity, real estate, data analysis, financial modeling, and financial reporting. At Harney, he supports a broad range of client engagements in which he performs detailed financial and accounting analyses, financial modeling, forecasting, as well as other value-creating initiatives.
Previously, he worked in the consulting practice of PwC and supported multinational companies with financial transactions, restructuring, value chain transformation, valuation, and transfer pricing. He has worked with a broad range of clients including publicly-traded, privately-held, not-for-profit, and PE-backed across a multitude of industries.
- Evaluated the quantum and pricing of a proposed intercompany loan by performing a debt capacity analysis of the
borrower’s structure to estimate the amount of capital that could be supported in the form of debt.
- Tested debt capacity by performing a serviceability analysis that evaluated forecasts provided by the client of the
expected free cash flow (“FCF”) of the borrower on a five-year horizon.
- Assessed reasonableness of the quantum of debt by conducting an analysis of key leverage ratios of the borrower
compared to recent comparable third-party issuers of debt using CapitalIQ.
- Identified the IP value of an acquired company using the APM, and price paid for acquiring the IP.
- Performed carve-outs for control premiums and assembled workforce premiums by identifying market capitalization
and synergies and removing assets and liabilities that would not benefit the buyer.
- Analyzed the client’s future IPO proceeds of $986m that were going to be used to pay down existing debt totaling $1.2b.
- Performed interest deductibility analysis, market transactions analysis, and peer analysis both pre- and post-IPO to
calculate accumulated future FCF and debt balance.
- Constructed a DCF model to break down each loan and its repayment schedule post-IPO.