Ben has extensive financial restructuring and investment banking experience and has been involved in some of the world’s largest corporate restructurings and distressed M&A transactions. He has advised bank syndicates, bondholders’ committees, company boards, operating companies, and creditors’ committees in both in-court and out-of-court restructuring transactions. Additionally, Ben has experience working as the CFO of a successful start-up, extensive international experience, and has served on a number of private company boards.
Ben specializes in advising financially distressed companies and their stakeholders — and helping them to identify and evaluate strategic alternatives to recapitalize and optimize their capital structures.
- Financial Advisor, media and entertainment company holding the controlling shares of two major public media companies. Engaged to advise agent bank and syndicate on restructuring of $1.7 billion credit facility.
- Financial Advisor, U.S. automobile manufacturer. Advised Company on restructuring, accommodation agreements, sales, and exit strategies with respect to various underperforming suppliers; extended credit from proprietary fund to prevent supply disruption as suppliers were stabilized or exit plans were executed.
- Financial Advisor, healthcare system that included 758-bed tertiary care teaching hospital, behavioral health centers, physician clinics, skilled nursing facilities, outpatient substance abuse treatment centers, and satellite hospital facilities. Engaged to advise on and explore strategic options, including out-of-court restructuring, subsequent liquidating Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, and sale of various subsidiaries and assets.
- Financial Advisor, global garment manufacturer: Engaged by Company to lead and manage bankruptcy process and subsequent sale to financial buyer.
- Financial advisor, global steel manufacturer: Engaged by Company to lead and manage bankruptcy process and subsequent sale to financial buyer.
- Financial Advisor, global telecommunications and technology infrastructure services company. Engaged to advise Unsecured Creditors’ Committee in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of Debtor and restructuring of $12.4 billion of liabilities.
- M&A advisor, global luxury retail chain. Engaged as sell-side advisor to Company. Executed sales mandate and arranged acquisition financing.
- M&A advisor, major commercial finance company. Engaged as sell-side advisor on divestiture of $1.0 billion non-performing loan portfolio to financial buyer.
- M&A advisor, regional hotel and hospitality development and management company. Engaged by Company to raise capital from financial sponsor to opportunistically acquire distressed hotel assets.
- M&A advisor, media and experiential marketing and advertising company. Engaged by subsidiary of UK listed company to advise on sale of company through a prepackaged bankruptcy in a §363 sale of company to financial buyer.
- M&A, Tier 1 automotive supplier. Engaged as sell-side advisor to Company in sale of controlling interest to strategic buyer.