Harney Partners is looking for a financial analyst in each of our Chicago, Houston, and Dallas offices as we continue to grow our team of professionals. This position will support senior team leaders (President, Executive Vice Presidents and Managing Directors) with client engagements across all service areas.
This position will have primary responsibility for the development, maintenance and “ownership” of the financial forecasting models and other analytical tools used to drive decision making on projects. The position will afford a good deal of autonomy and involve frequent and varying lengths of overnight travel to visit client sites as required to develop the required information.
Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years experience in finance, accounting or consulting: Investment banking, commercial finance, investment management, accounting, or management consulting
- Extensive financial modeling experience: Building and reviewing integrated three statement models, weekly cash flow models, valuation analyses
- Expert analytical skills: Able to efficiently define problems, identify data needs, and analyze large complex data sets in Excel to address client need
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills: Able to distill complex situations and analyses into meaningful information/recommendations for decision makers
- Big picture perspective: Able to identify critical areas and drivers to quickly develop analyses to drive solutions forward; skilled at identifying inconsistencies between analyses and other context clues
- Self-Starter: Able to work through ambiguity with strong project management skills
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting, preferred
- MBA, CPA, CTA, CIRA is a bonus
- Competitive salary and bonus structure commensurate with experience and performance
- Health insurance
- 401(k) plan, including profit sharing employer match
To be considered for the position, please submit your resume to HR@harneypartners.com.
Harney Partners is a national, corporate-advisory firm that provides independent, multi-disciplinary solutions for middle-market companies and their stakeholders to overcome financial and operational challenges. For almost 30 years, we have helped clients realign their business for immediate stability and implement innovative, results-oriented strategies for future sustainability and growth. With offices centrally located in Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and Madison, we’re able to leverage our combined professional experience to provide custom solutions across the country. We specialize in restructuring and turnaround advisory (both bankruptcy and out-of-court), fiduciary services, transaction advisory, interim management, and forensic/litigation services.